Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Smashed

Broke a glass the other day. It happened as I was washing a set of crystal-looking juice glasses that had lived in a cardboard storage box for over three years. I set a clean one in the drying rack, and then... it crashed onto the floor and landed in a thousand pieces.

At first I was mad that I hadn't taken time to set the glass in the rack carefully enough.

Then I was sad because the glass broke.

Then I was aggravated because I needed to clean it up - huge shards along with bits as small as dust.

Then I thought, "I need to go put some shoes on."

Then I thought, "And now I'm sounding like Mom."

So, the kitchen floor has been swept with a broom, the swiffer, and the vacuum. I can't help thinking I'll find a piece with my foot later on.

I apologize to our 6th guest who will not get the fancy crystal juice glass like everyone else. Sorry, but you'll have to drink out of a jelly jar.

On the bright side, the floor is really clean. And there is more room for stuff in my cabinet.

2 comments:

  1. That's ok, I don't have to have the fancy crystal glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah! Megan told me that you have a blog so I wanted to check it out! It's been a while since I've seen you, so I'm glad to know that I can keep up with you on here! Feel free to read mine as well- there is link to it on Megan's blog. Sorry about your glass, I can relate; I break glasses all the time. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete